From e-Learning Documentation
(Created page with "==Overview== The Calendar tool allows you to post dates and times of events, due dates, deadlines, office hours, etc. By default the Instructor-type roles may post to the Calen...")
Newer edit →
Revision as of 16:56, 8 October 2010
The Calendar tool allows you to post dates and times of events, due dates, deadlines, office hours, etc. By default the Instructor-type roles may post to the Calendar and Student-type roles may view postings, but it is possible to allow student-type roles to post to the Calendar, enabling students to schedule themselves for your office hours.
Post a Calendar Entry
- From within the course, click Calendar on the left tool bar.
- At the top of the Calendar screen, click 'Add.
- Enter a Title for your entry
- Enter the Start Time and Duration (End Time will be deduced from the Duration) using the drop-down menus.
- Enter the message text for this entry
- By default, the entry is "Display to site," meaning that everyone enrolled in the course can see the entry. You may select to "Display to selected groups" which will open a list of all groups in the course. Check the box beside the group(s) you want to view the entry.
- If this event reoccurs, click Frequency which allows you to set this entry to appear daily, weekly, monthly or yearly.
- If you choose one of these options, you will be asked when the entry should no longer be displayed. Under the heading "Ends:" select the number of times, or the date, or "never."
- Click Save Frequency
- Select the "Event Type" from the "Activity" drop-down menu.
- Enter a location for this event if applicable.
- Add an attachment if desired.
- Click Save Event