From e-Learning Documentation
As an instructor, SpeedGrader™ allows you to view and grade student assignment submissions in one place using a simple point scale or complex rubric. Canvas accepts a variety of document formats and even URLs as assignment submissions. Some document assignments can be marked up for feedback directly within the submission. You can also provide feedback to your students with text or media comments.
You can access SpeedGrader in several ways: Access via the Gradebook Access via Assignment, Quiz, or Graded Discussion
You can use SpeedGrader™ to:
- Sort submissions by student and hide student names for anonymous grading
- Evaluate assignments for each student, including resubmitted assignments
- Use rubrics to assign grades
- Leave feedback for your students
- Track your grading progress and hide assignments while grading Zoom
For each student, SpeedGrader™ has six areas:
- View student submissions. Preview .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, and .pdf submissions using Crocodoc; review other file format submissions using the document previewer or Google Preview
- Assign a grade based on your preferred assessment method (points or percentage)
- View Rubric to assist with grading (if one is added to the assignment)
- View discussions created by you or the student about the assignment
- Create text, video, and/or audio commentary for the student
Note: You can use keyboard shortcuts to navigate SpeedGrader™. Press the comma key and a pop-up window with keyboard shortcuts will appear for keyboard navigation.