From e-Learning Documentation
Attention! As we transition away from Sakai and into Canvas, the "e-Learning Suggestions" process is also transitioning. The UserVoice platform that we utilized for suggestions to Sakai, will now be used to request/vote on LTI/APP integrations with Canvas.
We want to know what you want and need in a Course Management System! "e-Learning Suggestions" allows UF Faculty, Staff, and students to submit ideas for improving the functionality of e-Learning.
- A link can be found on the LSS homepage under Faculty Links labeled "e-Learning Suggestions (Instructors)"
- Go to https://lss.at.ufl.edu/uservoice/ to login.
- Login using your gatorlink username and password.
- Have an idea for an e-Learning enhancement? Simply start typing in the textbox under "How can we improve e-Learning?".
- As you type, Instructor Feedback will show you any similar suggestions that are already in the system. If your suggestion has already been submitted, you can vote for it.
- Feel free to add comments and elaborate on an idea.
How does voting work?
- Every user is given 10 votes. You can choose to cast anywhere from 1 – 3 votes per idea. If you create a new suggestion, at least one of your votes will be given to that suggestion, so you need at least one vote at all times.
How do you get your votes back?
- You have two different ways to get your votes back:
- When Ideas Are Closed, Votes Are Returned
- When an idea is implemented or rejected, the idea will be closed and any votes cast for that idea will be returned to the user who cast the vote.
- Note: When we “Close” an idea, the idea will still retain its vote count even though votes have been returned to users
- You Can Redistribute Your Votes
- Sometime you don’t want to wait for your votes to be returned. You see a new idea and want to be able to vote for it right away. You have the option to reorganize your votes.
- Click the "Settings" link in the top right corner.
- You’ll see your profile on the right and on the left two tabs—"My Ideas" and “Comments.”
- If you click on “My Ideas,” you will see a list of all the suggestions you’ve voted for. The blue vote button shows how many votes you’ve given each idea.
- When you click on the button, you’ll be given the option to change the number of votes you’ve given the idea or to remove your votes altogether.
How do you change your notification settings?
- Once you’ve signed in, you’ll see your username in the top right corner. Just below, you’ll see two links—"Settings" and “Sign Out.”
- Click on “Settings,” you’ll see your profile along with “Email Notifications.”
- You’ll have two options.
- Receive live status changes, admin responses
- Receive comment updates
- By default “Receive live status changes, admin responses” will be selected. If you unselect this option, you will not receive any status updates or Admin messages on ideas you’re supporting.
- You can select which notifications you want to receive (if any), and your’re done. You can change your notifications at any time.