From e-Learning Documentation
Revision as of 15:05, 13 October 2010 by Adrian.gritz (Talk | contribs)
Frequently Asked Questions, and answers. Last updated: 10 13 2010
How do I get started?
Having trouble viewing PDF's?
Firefox and Chrome browsers have been freezing or not displaying some PDF files. We have identified three workarounds to address this issue.
- Right click the file or link and select save link as option and save the file to your computer before viewing
- Use a different browser such as Internet Explorer or Safari as we have not seen the PDF issue with these browsers
- If you are using Firefox or Chrome you can install a PDF plugin for your browser to prevent this issue from occurring
- Configure your browser to prompt for file download instead of opening documents in the browser
How do I import grades into Gradebook?
What causes a 403 error?
403 errors are caused by links to pages that do not exist or links to pages that the user does not have permission to view.
- First check that the link
How do I change my grade scale to not use A+?
- Go to Gradebook and not Gradebook 2
- Click course grade options from the top menu
- Modify scale accordingly (Most people just make A+ greater than 100 percent)
How do I use Turnitin in Sakai?
Click on the Assignments tool
- Click Add
- Change student submissions to attachments only as inline text will not generate a Turnitin report
- Select the check box next to 'Use Review Service' or 'TurnItIn'
- Modify other settings as desired and save
How do I request a course for Sakai?
If you are a faculty or staff member you may request a course by completing are course request form found at | https://lss.at.ufl.edu/forms/choose.shtml.