From e-Learning Documentation
Last updated: 10-13-2010
PDF Downloads in Firefox and Chrome
- Status: Cause being researched
- Workaround: Identified – download 'PDF Download' plug-in for firefox - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/636/ to overcome this issue.
Users in Sakai Cannot Change Gatorlink Username
- Status: Issue has been identified and *Status is currently on hold
Grade Items in Bold for Some Students
- If quizzes have multiple attempted the (highest is reordered in the Ggradebook and this is indicated in bold.
Gradebook Import: 2 Options
- Import gradebook item from spreadsheet or Import grades
- Import gradebook item from spreadsheet - needs student id, grade column and CANNOT import into a specific column (new column needed), does not need () spreadsheet header should match column header, has additional steps like load into docking station < then import
- Import grades – needs student ID (username, userid) blank column, grade column  CAN import into an existing column, less steps < import .csv or .excel and you are done
Webdav in Mac Snow Leopard and Windows 7 Does Not Work
- Workaround : (Leopard works fine) use Bitkinex for Windows 7 http://www.bitkinex.com/ for Mac Snow Leopard use Goliath http://www.webdav.org/goliath/ may file under resources
Dangling Realm Causes Users 404 Error When Logging In
- Status: Root cause still being explored
- Workaround: users can use https://elearning2.courses.ufl.edu/portal/site/~GLUSERNAME Issue can be reported to HD/LSS staff and can be fixed manually but may take time
Dangling Realm Causes Login Errors
- Status: being researched
- Workaround: Do not delete any course or project site that has users or design that you plan to use for a regular course. Not sure if we need to talk about this or otherwise?
Missing Unpublished Site Icon
- Status: Cause identified fix being researched
- Workaround: Go to my workspace< Worksite< look at the *Status here for all sites that are published or unpublished to determine if they are published or otherwise.
User Sees Different My workspace Than Majority
- Workaround: Issue can be reported to HD/LSS staff and can be fixed manually but may take time
Roster Not Loaded
- Workaround: Contact LSS staff to be assisted with adding roster to the course that is missing the enrollment
Groups in Sakai - Auto Groups Sections – Does Not Populate
Continued: If groups are added with roles Instructor or TA and group members completes process but later on un-enrolls members from the group. Double click on members in groups or sites will lead to adding or removing user from that panel.===
- Workaround: use user id’s listed below to add members to the groups
Gradebook VS Gradebook 2
a) terminology when using % Gradebook lists that as relative weight while gradebook lists it as points but calculates relative weights. b) If one wants to change from points to % after they have entered some grades best to do that in Gradebook than Gradebook 2 as gradebook 2 will want one to delete all old points and then enter new points however gradebook will allow you to do so without getting rid of old points. But will always recommend they download the gradebook first for safe keeping. c) If using percentage all columns should total up to the total of 100% if only a few columns are entered then the columns will accounts for a greater %’s mathematically it is correct because you only may have a total of 10% of the total 100% accounted.
No spell check in HTML editor
- Status: Firefox will be grayed out, IE will shows icon but will prompt for a IE plugin
Syllabus Redirect Does Not Work Consistently
- Workaround: Link to a Syllabus document or use inbuilt syllabus creator do not use multiple files and redirects in Syllabus tool
Space in File Name Attachments
- Status: Problem reported to developers
- Workaround: Identified – use – or _ instead of spaces
CC from Sakai Land in Spam Folder
- Status: Being tested for additional details and develop instructions on how to white list mail.
Space in File Name Attachments
- Status: Problem reported to developers
- Workaround: Use a dash(-) or underscore(_) instead of spaces in file name
Users Get Mails When New Posts Are Made to Discussions
- Status: Making arrangements with developers on changing the default to not send messages
- Workaround: Go to Discussions < Watch < do not send notification
Entity Picker Links for Discussions Only Shows for Creator of Topic
- Workaround: Creator has to link the discussion if using entity picker
Journal tool missing
- Status: Issue reported fix identified
TurningPoint roster export in IE
- Status: Being researched to see if an IE setting can be tweaked to prevent truncating file names and extensions.
Update: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316431 issue reported to vendor as per Mark’s request
- Workaround: Use Firefox
TurningPoint Import Problems
- Workaround: Use the .csv file generated by TurningPoint from 'session reports' tab in Powerpoint, TurningPoint, and import the session file into Sakai. This is the only *Workaround as this is a vendor provided code.
Test & Quizzes
T&Q Edit Published and Attempted Quiz
- Status: Fix soon to be tested and promoted to production, DO NOT use 'remove' this will reset all submissions.
T&Q Inputs Null in Feedback When Using Markup Text
- Workaround: Use firefox plugin https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/tag/replace - PS: additional testing to be done to make sure we are comfortable with this.
Update: Oct 5th – Does not show in feedback as null when Question/Selection level feedback is enabled
T&Q Preview Timer Not Displayed so Student Gets No Grade
- Workaround: To see timer work use the View site as student, to get a grade one can test with TA hopefully LOA1 will help in the future.
Import in T&Q Does Not Work and Can Corrupt Username
- Status: Issue being looked into in the community and to be included in future upgrades.
- Workaround: Use the Markup text option to create quiz. If users get an error when attempting to create question pool or access a question pool please report user to LSS staff a manual process has been identified but will take some time to be implemented,
Large Question Pools 100 Per Pool
- Status: Leads to performance issues in accessing the question pools.
- Workaround: Use smaller number of questions per pool, you can also use sub pools.
T&Q Displays Answer to Students with Certain Settings
Certain Settings: If a Quiz that uses random questions from a question pool is delivered with settings < Navigations < Random access to questions from a Table of Contents. (There are "Next" and "Previous" buttons on each page for navigation.) < This displays the table of contents and also displays if they got the right or wrong answer (from the score displayed next to the question 1/1) . This DOES NOT manifest itself this way when Radom questions from question pool is used.===
- Workaround: If using random questions from a question pool in T&Q settings < Navigations < Linear access to questions with NO return to previous pages. (There are only "Next" buttons to go forward. There is NO Table of Contents page.) If you display 1 question at a time then students cannot go back to make changes to a question they had attempted already. You may choose to display all questions in a single page or all parts to display in a single page (please contact LSS staff if you wish to make this change for a quiz that has already been set)
Update Oct 6th – Happens only if Immediate feedback is enabled
T&Q Audio Type Questions
Issue: Errors our due to Java policies – bug reported to developers
Inserting a Less Than Sign(<) in Multiple Choice Answers Using Quick Create
- Status: Look into this issue to see if it is a bug or not
Facilitators do Not see Published Assessments in T&Q=== Issue: Therefore they are unable access anything related to a published assessment. (Grading, editing, etc)
- Workaround: Make the user an Instructor.
Turnitin Report Not Generated
- Status: Works only for word docs currently. Being tested for duplication and analyzing characteristics of user submissions
- Workaround: ask user who did not get a report generated to resubmit their paper
Assignment Comments Generate HTML Tags
- Workaround: use attachments or post in inline submissions area
Assignments allows only 1 decimal point
- Status: Reported to ICS
- Workaround: Create a column in the gradebook and associate the assignment grade to existing column in gradebook. This will allow you to edit the grade to 2 decimal points in the GB (not within the assignment)
Students Can Not See Attachments in Assignments or T&Q
The instructor will be able to see the attachments, however students do not. This happens in courses that have been imported from previous terms. Issue has been reported to the developers and they are working on this issue.
Update: – Oct 7th Cause for this has been narrowed to permissions of the Resources tool. If students do not have read access to the root this seems to interfere with this. One should not remove read privilege for students at root.
- Workaround: Use the Editor to present for the assignment tool to present the content/instructions. For T&Q save quizzes to question pools and create your quiz in the new shell/site.
Assessments Tool Does Not Display Well in IE
- Status: testing under progress, works fine in Firefox. If all questions as displayed or parts of questions are displayed on a single page they do not load. Assessment DOEST NOT load at all if using IE 7 or 8 on Windows 7 (vista not tested) works fine on XP.
Key Highlights of 1.2.3 Mid Fall Build
- Unpublished icon is now displayed
- Published/attempted quizzes can be edited and auto re-grade possible for some quizzes (if a quiz uses a question pool the edit has to be made to the question pool question and it did not flow into the quiz however stand-alone questions can be edited and regarded)
- The confusion caused by adding users with their email ID has been removed, the “Add Participants” only allows one to add users based on their UFID’s or gatorlink usernames
- Journal tool has been put back
- Turnitin name restored in Assignment tool