From e-Learning Documentation
Last updated: 7-23-2013
Mail can be used to communicate with individuals, groups, sections, roles, or all participants. Communications are all contained within the Course and keeps email messages out of your inbox. Mail messages can be cc'd to users' email. The email received will contain a link that takes the user back into the e-Learning system to that he/she can reply to the Mail message.
Note:The term "Mail" refers to messages sent using the Mail tool within the system. "Email" refers to messages that are sent to the person's email address.
- Click Mail
- Click Compose Message
- Select the individual(s), group(s), Section(s), or Role(s) to whom you want to send a message.
- If you want a carbon copy sent to the Recipients’ Email Address(es), make sure the box beside "Send cc" is checked.
- Under Label, use the drop-down list to change the priority status of your message.
- Low Priority - Some users can set their preferences to not receive email messages for low priority mail. They also might choose to receive a daily digest email containing all low priority mail.
- Next to Subject, type the subject of your message.
- Under Message, use the Content Editor to compose your message.
- If desired, click Add Attachments to attach a file from your local computer or from Resources.
- Click Send
Mail settings allows you to set certain options as the default.
- Allow sending copies to recipients' email address(es):
- the default is that this is set to "yes" so that every user has the option to cc the Mail to users' email. If you change it to "no," no one will have the option to cc the Mail to users' email.
- Auto Forward Messages:
- If this is set to "yes," you will get a cc of every Mail that is sent in the system, regardless of whether or not the person specified a cc.
- If this is set to "no," you will only receive a cc if the sender specifies it.
- Email address for forwarding:
- If you do not enter anything, the forwarded Mails will be sent to your firstname.lastname@example.org address. If you add a different email address here, it will be copied to that email address as well as the email@example.com address.
- Groups hidden in To field: You can specify certain groups that you do not want to appear in the "To" field when sending Mail messages. Select the name of the group from the drop-down menu. You may repeat this process to remove more groups from the "To" field.
Permissions allows you to customize the default permissions for the entire site or for specific groups.
NOTE: While you can remove the "All participants" option in the "To" field,students are still able to send to everyone by clicking the first one, holding down shift and clicking the last one.