My Canvas Course Management: Adding Participants
From e-Learning Documentation
Some general use cases for adding participants includes:
- Switch instructors due to emergency
- Add a new TA depending on allocation of such resources
- Add users as Observers or Auditors so they can teach or administer it in the future
- Add a student for an incomplete - needing access to specific parts of course content to finish course work
- Add a student who experience delays for regular section enrollment
- Add observers for Quality Assurance purposes
- Add technical staff to assist with troubleshooting and testing for course design
- Add assistants who need temporary access so they can import and set up a quiz bank
- Remove course users
- Add observer for Tenure & Promotion or three year review
How-To Add Participants
1. Login to my.ufl.edu
2. Navigate to Main Menu > UF Campus Solutions > Online Learning > My Canvas Course Management in my.ufl.edu
3. A list of course will be displayed where you have been designated as Teacher in Canvas. Please select a course from the list.
4. Once you select a course, you have several options:
- Select an existing section that contains students enrollments (alpha-numeric)
- Select the INIT section - Used to enroll Teachers, TAs, Observers, Guest Lecturer, Auditor, Facilitator, and Designers
- Select the MISC section - Used to enroll students not on the normal class roll (student making up an incomplete)
5. After selecting a section, the page opens up a box where you can enter (or paste) a list of UFIDs. This is useful if you are organizing work groups for your entire course and are working off of a class roll. After the UFIDs have been entered, select the role you want to assign all of these UFIDs and the enrollment status (add/drop), then press Parse UFIDs.
Alternatively, you can skip the box and enter each UFID in the grid at the bottom of the page.
After you are finished adding UFIDs, press the Process Enrollment Request button.
6. A message box will let you know if your transactions were accepted or if there are any issues that need fixing before continuing.
7. It takes a few minutes for the enrollments to process and appear in Canvas.