From e-Learning Documentation
When your <a href="Request a New Course">course for a new semester</a> has been created, you will receive an email letting you know that the course has been created.
Login to eLearning in Sakai
Go to http://lss.at.ufl.edu to login to eLearning in Sakai. Login using your gatorlink username and password. If you have difficulty logging in, contact the UF Computing Help Desk at 352-392-4357.
eLearning in Sakai Help
We offer several types of help in using the eLearning in Sakai system:
- <a href="http://lss.at.ufl.edu/help|">Tutorials, FAQs, Known Issues</a> - There is a tutorial for each tool, plus general information. The entire site is searchable so that you can easily find the information you are looking for.
- <a href="https://lss.at.ufl.edu/services/training/|Live">Training</a> - Several courses are offered that provide hands-on training for using eLearning in Sakai.
- One-on-One Help - Contact the Learning Support Services staff during the hours of 8am-5pm Monday-Friday by calling (352)392-4357, option 3. Or you may email us at email@example.com. If writing, please provide your UFID and how you would like for us to contact you.
We have added a WebLink called "Student FAQ" to the toolbar in your course that will provide students with the information they need to use eLearning in Sakai and information about contacting the UF Computing Help Desk for help with computer-related problems.
Tasks for Preparing New Semester
You will have some tasks to complete to prepare your new course for use. You will need to create or upload content for your course, or you may import content if you used eLearning in Sakai in a previous semester. It is very important that you understand the <a _fcknotitle="true" href="Resources">Resources</a> tool before you begin to upload your content there. This tool and content uploaded into it is, by default, available to students. Do not put sensitive information in the Resources tool.
There are tutorials for each tool at http://lss.at.ufl.edu/help.
Edit Your Home Page
We provide a link to this tutorial on your Home Page. You should modify the Home Page to reflect information about your course.
<a href="Home">Go here for a complete tutorial on how to do this.</a>
Import Content from a Previous Semester
If you used eLearning in Sakai in previous semesters and have content that you want to reuse, you can import that from the previous course.
<a href="Re-use Content in New Semester">Go here for complete instructions on how to import your content.</a>
Associate Section Roster(s)
Students are associated with your course based on the section number. For students to be enrolled in your course, you will need to associate your rosters with your course.
<a href="Site Info#Edit_Class_Rosters">Go here for a tutorial on how to associate your rosters.</a>
*Section rosters are not populated with students until a few days before the semester starts.
Enroll TAs or other Participants
Your students are loaded automatically when you add the roster(s). But you will need to add any TA(s) or other non-student roles that you want to have access to your course.
<a href="Site Info#Add_Participants">Go here for a complete tutorial on adding and managing TAs or other participants.</a>
Publish Your Course
Your course is created as "unpublished" to allow you to make any changes you want to make before permitting students into the course. Be aware that files you place in <a _fcknotitle="true" href="Resources">Resources</a> are, by default, available to students, so you do not want to place sensitive information in this location.
Once you are ready for students to access the course:
- Click Site Info in the course menu bar.
- Click Manage Access at the top of the page.
- Check the box beside "publish site" and click Update.