From e-Learning Documentation
When your course for a new semester has been created, you will receive an email letting you know that the course has been created. Go to http://lss.at.ufl.edu to login to eLearning in Sakai. Login using your gatorlink username and password. If you have difficulty logging in, contact the UF Computing Help Desk at 352-392-4357.
We offer several types of help in using the eLearning in Sakai system:
- Tutorials, FAQs, Known Issues - There is a tutorial for each tool, plus general information. The entire site is searchable so that you can easily find the information you are looking for.
- Training - Several courses are offered that provide hands-on training for using eLearning in Sakai.
- One-on-One Help - Contact the Learning Support Services staff during the hours of 8am-5pm Monday-Friday by calling (352)392-4357, option 3. Or you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If writing, please provide your UFID and how you would like for us to contact you.
You will have some tasks to complete to prepare your new course for use:
Import Content from a Previous Semester
If you used eLearning in Sakai in previous semesters and have content that you want to reuse, you can import that from the previous course. Go here for complete instructions on how to import your content.
Associate Section Roster(s)
Students are associated with your course based on the section number. For students to be enrolled in your course, you will need to associate your rosters with your course. Go here for a tutorial on how to associate your rosters.
Enroll TAs or other Participants
Your students are loaded automatically when you associate the rosters. But you will need to add any TA(s) or other non-student roles that you want to have access to your course. Go here for a complete tutorial on adding and managing TAs or other participants.
Publish Your Course
Your course is created as "unpublished" to allow you to make any changes you want to make before permitting students into the course. Be aware that files you place in Resources are, by default, available to students, so you do not want to place sensitive information in this location.
Once you are ready for students to access the course:
- Click Site Info in the course menu bar.
- Click Manage Access at the top of the page.
- Check the box beside "publish site" and click Update.