From e-Learning Documentation
Podcasts allow students to access video/audio files using their computers, cell phone or mp3 players when they are not connected to the internet. They can listen on a plane, bus, or in a rural area with no coverage.
You will need to have your audio files in an MP3 format and video files in MP4 format for podcasting purposes. | Audacity is a free and easy to use software for creating audio files.
Once you have an MP3 and/or MP4 file, you may add it to the Podcast tool in eLearning in Sakai so students can access them with a podcatcher.
Add a podcast
- Click on Podcasts in the left menu bar.
- Click Add
- Beside “Choose a file,” click Browse
- Select the file on your computer and click Open
- NOTE: Files with names that include these characters - / \ ? * " : < > @ # % cannot be accepted. If your file’s name contains one of these characters, change the filename before attempting to upload it.
- Enter a date and time to publish your podcast. Date must be in format “MM/DD/YYYY HH HH:MM AM/PM” (ex 12/15/2006 02:33:25 PM). Clicking the calendar icon and selecting the date will do this automatically.
- Enter a title for your podcast.
- Enter a brief description about the podcast you are uploading, if desired.
- Click Add