From e-Learning Documentation
Polls are useful for gathering opinions from students and then sharing the data with the class. You might ask students to give their opinion about a bill before Congress, or a new technology or a well-balanced meal - questions in which there may not be an exact answer, but several viewpoints can be argued. The questions are always presented in multiple-choice format.
To create a Poll:
- Click Polls in the left menu bar.
- Click Add at the top of the screen.
- "Question" - Enter the question as it should appear to the students
- Use the Content Editor to provide additional instructions if needed.
- Choose an "Opening Date" when the Poll will become available to participants by clicking the Calendar icon and choosing a date. Enter a time in the next box for the "Opening Date."
- Choose a "Closing Date" when the Poll will no longer be available to participants by clicking the Calendar icon and choosing a date. Enter a time in the next box for the "Closing Date."
- "Limits" - choose the minimum and maximum number of answers in the drop-down menus.
- "Results are visible:" Select when you want participants to see the results.
- Click Save and add options
- Enter an answer option in the Content Editor and click Save and add options.
- The Content Editor is cleared so that you can enter your next answer option. Enter your next answer option and click Save and add options.