From e-Learning Documentation
Creating an RSS Feed puts a link in the course tool bar that gives students access to the most current information from a specific website. For this tutorial, we will create an RSS Feed from the New York Times website, but most large websites offer an RSS feed option. Look at the bottom of the Home Page in most instances.
- Go to http://www.nytimes.com
- At the very bottom of the home page, click
- You may subscribe to the feed for any of these departments. For this example, we will provide a link to "Health" under the category "News." Click the arrow beside "Health.
- Click Fitness & Nutrition.
- You want the "Copy/Paste RSS URL" option in the second orange box. Click in the box that contains the URL to highlight it.
- CTRL C will copy the URL.
- Open eLearning in Sakai and go to the course to which you want to add an RSS feed.
- Click Site Info in the left menu bar.
- Click Edit Tools at the top of the page.
- Check the box beside "RSS Feed" and click Continue
- "Title:" - Type a new for the URL. This will appear in the toolbar and should be as concise as possible.
- "[missing key: multipletools channel-url]" - CTRL P to paste the address: http://feeds.nytimes.com/nyt/rss/Nutrition
- Click Continue
- Click Finish
You cannot edit an RSS feed once it is created. If you need