Request a New Course
From e-Learning Documentation
Each semester you will request a new course shell which you will associate with the rosters for your course. You may Re-use Content in New Semester by importing the content into the new shell.
Request a Course
- Go to http://lss.at.ufl.edu and click Faculty eLearning Request
- Login using your gatorlink username and password.
- Click the orange "E-Learning in Sakai" button.
- Fill out the form
- Please make every effort to provide your section number(s). While we can create a course shell without a section number, it will have to be associated with a section number at some point if there are going to be students enrolled in the course. If you do not have a section number, use 9999 for the section number until you find it. Then you will have to fill out the request form again to have the section associated with your course.
- Click Submit
You should see a green box that contains a "successful submission" message. If you did not fill out the form correctly, you will get a red message telling you to go back and check the form for errors. You will also receive an email confirming your submission.
Once your course has been created (usually within 24 hours, but will take longer if you are having content migrated from eLearning), you will receive an email informing you that the course has been created.
Import Content from a Previous Semester
Go here for complete instructions on how to import your content.
Associate Class Rosters
Go here for a tutorial on how to associate your rosters with your course so that students are loaded.
Publish Your Course
Your course is created as "unpublished" to allow you to make any changes you want to make before permitting students into the course. Once you are ready for students to access the course:
- Click Site Info in the course menu bar.
- Click Manage Access at the top of the page.
- Check the box beside "publish site" and click Update.