T and Q to Assessments
From e-Learning Documentation
There are two online testing tools in e-Learning, Tests & Quizzes and Assessments. This document provides an overview of the advantages and disadvantages of both tools. If at any time, you want to move your online testing from the Tests & Quizzes tool to the Assessments tool, the process is fairly simple. Assessments provides an import from Tests & Quizzes. The main thing that you need to remember is that Question Pools are required in Assessments and are structured so that every question in the pool has the same point value. Because pools in Tests & Quizzes can have multiple point values in the same pool, when you import those pools into Assessments, the pool created will have a point value that is the average of the points in Tests & Quizzes. You can't edit this point value. You will then want to make pools with the correct point values and move the questions into the appropriate pools.
Here's an example:
In Tests & Quizzes, Mary Jones has Exam 1 with three parts.
- Part 1 is made up of 10 multiple choice questions worth 2 points each.
- Part 2 is made up of 5 matching questions worth 3 points each.
- Part 3 is made up of 3 essay questions worth 5 points each.
If she imports the entire test into Assessments, she will have one pool with a point value of 2.78 points for each question. Mary will now make a pool called "Exam 1 Multiple Choice" with a point value of 2 points, a pool called "Exam 1 Matching" with a point value of 3 points, and a pool called "Exam 1 Essay" with a point value of 5 points. She will go to the imported pool called "Exam 1" and move the questions into their appropriate pools. She can then delete the imported pool if desired. Mary can now rebuild the exam very easily in Assessments.
Import Assessments as Pools from Tests & Quizzes
If you haven't added the Assessments tool to the toolbar in your course, add it by clicking Site Info > Edit Tools > check the box beside "Assessments" > Continue > Finish.
- Click Assessments in the left menu bar.
- Click Question Pools at the top of the Assessments page.
- Click Import.
- Click Import Assessments as Pools from T&Q
- Select the course from which you want to import the assessment. You may choose from any course in which you have Instructor-type role. Click OK.
- Select the assessment(s) you want to import. You may import them all by checking the box beside "Select All" at the top of the list. NOTE: You will see all assessments you ever created in Tests & Quizzes, even ones that you have removed in the past.
Your assessments are now present in the Assessments tool as question pools. Now you need to create pools based on point value and move your questions into their appropriate pools. This tutorial gives complete instructions.
Create a Pool in Assessments
- Click Add Pool at the top of the list of Question Pools.
- Provide a title for the pool, a Point Value for the pool and set the Difficulty level (Description is optional). Click Done