From e-Learning Documentation
Turnitin is a suite of online tools designed to enhance the Assignment submission process. Turnitin offers:
- Originality Check - student submission are compared to billions of websites and other papers submitted and highlights exact matches. Instructors can verify if students obtained their information from appropriate sources and properly cited those sources.
- GradeMark - Create interactive grading rubrics and provide feedback to students quickly and efficiently.
- PeerMark - Allows students to review each others submissions.
How to Access Turnitin
- When you create an assignment in your e-Learning course, check the "Use Turnitin" box and an originality report will be generated for each submission. If you only want to view the originality report, you do not need to request a Turnitin account. See Assignments
Turnitin Standalone Account
- If you would like to access the GradeMark and PeerMark features of Turnitin or you would like to submit any paper at any time for an Originality report, you will need to request a standalone account.
Using Turnitin Standalone
If you are the primary instructor for a course, or you are a TA managing the course for the primary instructor, you may request a Turnitin account. If you are a TA who is simply assisting the primary instructor, do not request a Turnitin account. The primary instructor will create a TA role for you on his/her Turnitin account.
- Request an account from e-Learning Support Services using the Instuctor Turnitin Request Form.
- Fill out the form and click Submit.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail that the message has been received and a ticket has been created. It may take 1-2 business days to process your request.
- Once the account is ready, you will receive an e-mail from Turnitin with your username and password, the link to login, and usage instructions.
- Getting Started with Turnitin
- Turnitin Instructor Articles
- Bulk Upload Assignment from e-Learning to Turn-it-in
turn it in, turn itin
These tutorials are only relevant if students will be uploading papers directly to a Turnitin course created in turnitin.com. If the course is using e-Learning, students will simply upload their submissions to the Assignments tool. https://turnitin.com/static/training/student.php