From e-Learning Documentation
(→Creating a WebDav Connection)
Revision as of 18:06, 12 April 2011
WebDAV for Windows 7
Windows 7 does NOT natively support WebDAV. You will need to download a third party software. BitKinex is one such software, and can be downloaded at: http://www.bitkinex.com/
On installation choose HTTP connection.
Creating a WebDav Connection
- Start BitKinex
- File -> Quick Connect
- Paste your Resources URL into Server Address
- Go to your Sakai Course Resources Folder
- Click the link "Upload-Download Multiple Resources"
- Copy the url that is in bold
- Enter your gatorlink username and password
- Press connect
You should now be connected.
Transfer files from your local computer(Right most column) into your resources folder(Middle column).
I can't re-connect to a saved WebDAV session! What do I do?
To re-connect to a saved WebDAV session:
- Right-click on the session
- Go to "Site Map" under Server
- Highlight the row with your webdav path
- Change "This location specifies:" to "Directory (WebDAV)"
- Click Update button
- Click OK
Double click the saved session to open it!